"Kolla pengarna"(Check Your Money) is the Riksbank app that allows you to check out Sweden's new banknotes and coins, which are introduced starting from 2015. Learn when your old banknotes become invalid by playing the banknote game or explore the banknotes' new security features so that you can tell a genuine note from a counterfeit one.
If you want to know more about the banknote and coin changeover, you can listen to the information in Swedish or English, or read it in Swedish, English and 29 other languages. If you scan the banknote you have in your hand, the Governor of the Riksbank himself, Stefan Ingves, tells you what denomination it is.
The app has the following functions:
- Banknote check: a game where you sort the banknotes depending on which ones are new and when the old ones become invalid. The faster you sort, the more points you score.
- Explore the banknote: scan the note you have in your hand and the app tells you what denomination it is. If it is an old note, the app also tells you the date it becomes invalid.
- Banknote gallery: learn about the security features on the new banknotes and how to recognise a genuine note.
- Listen and read: listen to information about the banknote and coin changeover in Swedish or English, at the same time as you see the same information as text.
- Other languages: instantly access information about the banknote and coin changeover in 30 different languages.
- Push notifications: receive reminders about when the old banknotes and coins become invalid.
The app is available for Android, iPhone and iPad and is free to download and use. You can download it from Google Play Store or the App Store.
Did you find this information helpful?
Thank you for your help!