All 2 krona coins minted in 1876 or later were all legal tender up until 30 June 2017.
2-krona coin, minted 1952-1971
- Portrait of King Gustaf VI Adolf in profile and the text "Gustaf VI Adolf Sveriges konung" (Gustaf VI Adolf King of Sweden).
- Stamp of the Swedish Mint.
- Monogram of the director of the Mint.
- The greater national coat of arms below a royal crown.
- Legend: King Gustaf VI Adolf's motto "Plikten framför allt" (Duty first).
- The coat of arms with the figure "2" on one side and "kr" on the other side.
- Year of minting, separated by the royal orb.
Metal content: 1952–1966 – silver, copper, nickel and zinc. 1968–1971 – alloy of copper and nickel.
Weight: 14.00 grammes.
Diameter: 31.00 millimetres.
Thickness: 2.17 millimetres.