Colour, material and format
Colours and sizes
The main range of colours and format will be:
Illustration: main range of clours and format
The banknotes will be
- made of cotton paper
- of thicker paper than the current banknotes, which improves the quality
- equipped with special features in intaglio print for the visually impaired.
Considerations regarding choice of material, format and range of colours
The Riksbank needs to take into account several requirements when producing new banknotes:
- It should be easy for everyone to recognise a genuine banknote.
- The notes should be difficult to counterfeit.
- The banknotes should be easily distinguished from one another.
- The notes should have as little impact on the environment as possible.
- The notes should be hard-wearing.