Open day at the Riksbank, 22 September
On Saturday, 22 September 2018, the Riksbank will celebrate its 350th birthday by opening the doors of its head office in Stockholm to the general public.
On 22 September 1668, the Bank of the Estates of the Realm was founded, which later changed its name to Sveriges Riksbank. Exactly 350 years after the bank was founded, the Riksbank will hold an open day at Brunkebergstorg in Stockholm.
Take the chance to see:
- gold bars from the gold and foreign currency reserves.
- an exhibition containing private banknotes, Sweden's first coin and a copy of the world's largest copper coin.
- films of the Riksbank's operations.
- short lectures with governor Stefan Ingves and the deputy governors.
- author and historian Gunnar Wetterberg talk about the Riksbank's 350-year history.
- guided tours of the architecture and artwork in the Riksbank building. You can register for a tour on the day, 22 September. Places on the tours will be very limited and participants must be able to present valid ID. The tours are not suitable for children. Maximum 2 tickets per person.
During the day, visitors will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the Riksbank's experts in various fields.
When: Saturday, 22 September 2018, 10 am - 6 pm
Where: Sveriges Riksbank, entry Brunkebergstorg 11, Stockholm
Info: no pre-registration required, except for the guided tours (see above).