The Riksbank’s e-krona project during 2018
During 2018 the Riksbank will further develop the proposed concept for an e-krona produced by the e-krona project and the dialogue with external parties will continue.
The Riksbank has produced an action plan that includes purposes and objectives for the work of the e-krona project during 2018.
The purposes are, on the basis of the e-krona concept in the first interim report:
- to continue to analyse the Riksbank's possibilities to issue a general digital means of payment,
- to produce concrete proposals regarding what properties an e-krona should have,
- to produce concrete proposals regarding an appropriate infrastructure,
- to look at the legal issues that must be considered so that the Riksbank's mandate to issue an e-krona is clear,
- to review the proposals for appropriate technology.
The objective is to:
- draw up a proposal for a concrete concept for an e-krona to enable the Executive Board to make a decision on whether or not to issue an e-krona, if they so wish.
Moreover, the project has the objective of drawing up proposals for appropriate amendments to the legislation prior to a potential introduction of an e-krona.