The retail payments council
The Swedish market for payment services is important to the Swedish economy and to society as a whole. Following an initiative from the Riksbank, a wide circle of players and authorities involved on the payment market have decided to form a Swedish retail payments council. The aim is to promote the functioning of the Swedish market for payment services. The retail payments council will act as a forum for dialogue and consultation concerning the Swedish market for payment services.
The objective of the council is to contribute to the economically-efficient production and consumption of safe, efficient, accessible and appropriate payment services on a market characterised by competition on equal terms and well-balanced regulation. The retail payments council will assist with a comprehensive examination of central issues from the producer, consumer and authority perspectives.
The council will be able to appoint working groups to study specific issues. The council will act as a joint resource for all the stakeholders on the market and will therefore strive for transparency in its work. As a rule, the results of the work of the council and its working groups will be published. The Riksbank will act as the convenor of the council and be responsible for the required practical administrative work by providing the council's secretariat.
Information from retail payments council meetings can be accessed via the links below.
Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meetings
- 04/10/2017 Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meeting, 4 October 2017
- 04/10/2017 Appendix 4 October 2017
- 24/03/2017 Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meeting, 24 March 2017
- 21/10/2016 Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meeting, 21 October 2016
- 17/03/2016 Communiqué of the meeting of the retail payments council held on 17 March 2016
- 12/10/2015 Communiqué of the meeting of the retail payments council held on 10 February 2015
- 09/10/2015 Communiqué of the meeting of the retail payments council held on 9 October 2015
Members in the retail payments council
The retail payments council will meet twice a year, or when the need arises, and the members are:
- Swedish Bankers' Association
- Pan-Nordic Card Association
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- Swedish Trade Federation
- Swedish Consumers' Association
- Swedish FinTech Association
- Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS)
- Dalarna County Administrative Board
- Ministry of Finance (observer)
- Finansinspektionen (observer)
- Swedish Competition Authority
- The Riksbank