E-krona project, report 1
In September 2017, the e-krona project published a first interim report with a conceptual proposal as to how an e-krona might look and function. The Riksbank has not yet taken any decisions on issuing an e-krona.
The report contains:
- The reasons why the Riksbank is considering issuing an e-krona.
- The characteristics of an e-krona and two feasible models for how it could function.
- A discussion of what the Riksbank's operational role might be under an e-krona system and the technical aspects of the design of an e-krona.
- The consequences of issuing e-kronas from the points of view of monetary policy and financial stability.
- The legal aspects of introducing an e-krona.