Volume III: Banking, Bonds, National Wealth, and Stockholm House Prices, 1420–2020
1 December 2022 saw the publication of a new book of statistics concerning the development of the Swedish monetary system, Historical Monetary and Financial Statistics for Sweden, Volume III: Banking, Bonds, National Wealth, and Stockholm House Prices, 1420–2020.
The book is the third in a series of three books on financial history and focuses on the historical development of property prices in Stockholm, in a series that extends back to the Middle Ages. This volume also contains an overview of the emergence of the Swedish banking sector, from the beginning of the 1700s until now, presented in two chapters. These are supplemented with a chapter about the history of the Swedish bond market. The final chapter of the book deals with the development of Swedish national wealth in a broad, but also in-depth, overview.
The book, which is published by the Riksbank together with publishers Ekelids Förlag AB, forms part of a more comprehensive project that has previously resulted in a database of historical monetary statistics which can be found on the Riksbank's website. The first book was published in 2010 and presents data on exchange rates, prices and wages, with some series going all the way back to the 13th century. The second book was published in 2014 and focuses on property prices, gross domestic product, share prices, money supply, sovereign debt and the Riksbank's accounts.
- Introduction to Historical Monetary and Financial Statistics for Sweden, Volume III Länk
Rodney Edvinsson, Tor Jacobson, and Daniel Waldenström
- Sweden’s banks 1772–1870: Institutions, data, and size Chapter Data
- Swedish Banks and Credit Institutions since 1870 Chapter Data 1 Data 2
- The Swedish Bond Market, 1835–2020 Chapter Data
- Houses, yards and sheds: Real property prices in Stockholm up to 1600 Chapter
Bo Franzén and Johan Söderberg
- House prices in Stockholm 1600–1730: From rise to decline and stagnation Chapter Lili-Annè Aldman, Emelie Carlsson, Rodney Edvinsson, and Bo Franzén
- A real-estate price index for Stockholm, 1726–1875 Chapter
Emelie Carlsson, Rodney Edvinsson, Klas Eriksson, and Gustav Ingman
- The house price index for Stockholm 1420–2021 Chapter Data
Rodney Edvinsson, Bo Franzén, and Gustav Ingman
- The National Wealth of Sweden, 1810–2020 Chapter Data