The Riksbank is a public authority under the Riksdag. Representatives from the Riksdag are members of the Riksbank’s General Council and they appoint the Executive Board members who lead the Bank.
The Riksbank consists of eight departments:
- The Corporate Services Department
- The Financial Stability Department
- IT and Digitalisation Department
- The Markets Department
- The Monetary Policy Department
- The Payments Department
- The Internal Audit Department
- The General Secretariat
All heads of department, and the communications manager, participate in the Riksbank's Management Group. The Group coordinates the Riksbank's activities and is led by the Head of the General Secretariat.