For reporting agencies

The Riksbank’s monetary policy counterparties shall report information on their transactions on the money market to the Riksbank. The data collected comprises the dataset for the calculation of SWESTR (Swedish krona Short Term Rate), but is also used to assess the implementation of monetary policy and in the analysis of the short-term money market.

This information about the reporting process is aimed at reporting agencies and other interested parties. For information on the transaction dataset, see the page called Calculation method and transaction dataset for SWESTR.

About reporting

Reporting agencies are the Riksbank’s monetary policy counterparties. Counterparties with a daily volume averaging at least SEK 10 million must report on a daily basis, while counterparties with lower volumes report on an aggregated annual basis.

Transactions with a maturity of no longer than 10 days must be reported, divided into three different segments of the money market:

  • Unsecured transactions:
    - Invested and received deposits, other unsecured deposits or lending and issues and purchases of short term debt securities.
  • Transactions against collateral:
    - Repurchase agreements including repos and reverse repos, sell/buy-back and buy/sell-back agreements.
  • Foreign exchange swaps:
    - Transactions where Swedish kronor (SEK) are sold/bought against foreign currency with an agreement to reverse the sale/purchase on a pre-agreed date.

The transactions to be reported are those made between the reporting agency and credit institutions, other financial companies, public administration, foreign central banks and non-financial corporations.

Reporting must be made in the form of XML files in accordance with ISO 20022: auth.013.01.02 for unsecured transactions, auth.012.01.02 for transactions against collateral and auth.014.01.02 for foreign exchange swaps. More information is contained in the User guide.

Reporting is made using secure file transfer via SFTP or web browser (HTTPS). To be able to report, the reporting agency needs to request access to the file transfer service. To do this, the form Request for TORA reporting access is completed, printed, duly signed, scanned and emailed,, to the Riksbank.

In turn, the reporting agency will be informed of user identity, password and other information needed to join the file transfer service.

More detailed technical information is included in the Technical Documentation.

Was this information helpful? After your answear a textbox appears

Thanks for your feedback!

Updated 02/09/2021