The retail payments council
The Swedish market for payment services is important to the Swedish economy and to society as a whole. On the initiative of the Riksbank, actors and authorities involved in the payment market have formed a Swedish retail payments council as a forum for consultation and dialogue.
The retail payments council's aim is to contribute to the economically-efficient production and consumption of safe, efficient, accessible and appropriate payment services on a market characterised by competition on equal terms and well-balanced regulation. The retail payments council will assist with a comprehensive examination of central payment issues from the producer, consumer and authority perspectives. For example, the retail payments council can appoint working groups to investigate specific issues.
The retail payments council will act as a joint resource for all the stakeholders on the market and will strive for transparency in its work. Its starting point is therefore that the result of the council and working groups' work will be published. The Riksbank acts as convener and is responsible for the administrative work.
Information from retail payments council meetings can be accessed via the links below.
Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meetings
- 03/10/2018 Payment council scenarioanalysis on payments in crisis
- 03/10/2018 Communiqué on the Retail Payments Council’s meeting, 3 October 2018
- 22/03/2018 Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meeting, 22 March 2018
- 04/10/2017 Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meeting, 4 October 2017
- 04/10/2017 Appendix 4 October 2017
- 24/03/2017 Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meeting, 24 March 2017
- 21/10/2016 Communiqué on the retail payments council’s meeting, 21 October 2016
- 17/03/2016 Communiqué of the meeting of the retail payments council held on 17 March 2016
- 09/10/2015 Communiqué of the meeting of the retail payments council held on 9 October 2015
- 10/02/2015 Appendix 10 Februari 2015 - Mandate and rules of procedure for a Swedish retail payments council
- 10/02/2015 Communiqué of the meeting of the retail payments council held on 10 February 2015
Members in the retail payments council
The retail payments council will meet twice a year, or when the need arises, and the members are:
- Swedish Bankers' Association
- Pan-Nordic Card Association
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- Swedish Trade Federation
- Swedish Consumers' Association
- Swedish FinTech Association
- Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS)
- Dalarna County Administrative Board
- Ministry of Finance (observer)
- Finansinspektionen (observer)
- Swedish Competition Authority
- The Riksbank
- Swedish Fintech Association