Account of monetary policy
Every year, the Riksdag Committee on Finance examines and assesses the monetary policy conducted by the Riksbank during the immediately preceding years. Prior to the assessment made in the spring, the Riksbank compiles an Account of monetary policy (previously known as Material for assessing monetary policy).
The account is a basis for assessment - not an assessment in itself. On the other hand, this does not mean that it is a pure compilation of figures. The account also contains analyses of outcomes, forecasts and sequences of events. The Riksbank considers that those who assess the monetary policy should also have access to the Bank's interpretation of the material and the conclusions drawn by the Bank from the results. It is then up to the Committee on Finance, and others who wish to assess the material, to concur with the Riksbank's conclusions.
In accordance with the Sveriges Riksbank Act, this account is one of the written accounts of monetary policy that the Riksbank shall annually present to the Riksdag Committee on Finance. During the autumn, the Monetary Policy Report is submitted as an account of monetary policy.
- 24/03/2022 Account of monetary policy 2021
- 24/03/2022 ARTICLE – The coronavirus crisis and the Riksbank’s asset purchases
- 24/03/2022 ARTICLE – The Riksbank's development work
- 24/03/2022 CHART APPENDIX
- 24/03/2022 Numerical data, Account of monetary policy 2021
- 24/03/2021 Long-term effects of the pandemic on the Swedish economy, article in Account of monetary policy 2020
- 24/03/2021 The coronavirus is highlighting the need for flexibility in the new Sveriges Riksbank Act, article in Account of monetary policy 2020
- 24/03/2021 The Riksbank’s development work, article in Account of monetary policy 2020
- 24/03/2021 Account of monetary policy 2020
- 24/03/2021 Figures, Account of monetary policy 2020