Account of monetary policy
Every year, the Riksdag Committee on Finance examines and assesses the monetary policy conducted by the Riksbank during the immediately preceding years. Prior to the assessment made in the spring, the Riksbank compiles an Account of monetary policy (previously known as Material for assessing monetary policy).
The account is a basis for assessment - not an assessment in itself. On the other hand, this does not mean that it is a pure compilation of figures. The account also contains analyses of outcomes, forecasts and sequences of events. The Riksbank considers that those who assess the monetary policy should also have access to the Bank's interpretation of the material and the conclusions drawn by the Bank from the results. It is then up to the Committee on Finance, and others who wish to assess the material, to concur with the Riksbank's conclusions.
In accordance with the Sveriges Riksbank Act, this account is one of the written accounts of monetary policy that the Riksbank shall annually present to the Riksdag Committee on Finance. During the autumn, the Monetary Policy Report is submitted as an account of monetary policy.
- 02/04/2020 Account of monetary policy 2019
- 02/04/2020 Analysing exchange rates – a few key koncepts, article in Account of monetary policy 2019
- 02/04/2020 Figures, Account of monetary policy 2019
- 02/04/2020 How the Riksbank develops its monetary policy, article in Account of monetary policy 2019
- 02/04/2020 Numerical data, Account of monetary policy 2019
- 02/04/2020 The Riksbank's exchange rate forecasts, article in Account of monetary policy 2019
- 02/04/2020 The Riksbank's experiences of a negative repo rate, article in Account of monetary policy 2019