Accessibility report for riksbank.se
Our aim is that as many people as possible can use the website. This page describes how riksbank.se complies with the Swedish act on access to public digital services, any potential accessibility problems identified and how you can report problems to us so that we can remedy them.
How accessible is the website?
This website (riksbank.se) is for the most part compatible with the act on access to public digital services. The aim is to attain a basic level of accessibility by complying with WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.1 level A, AA.
See below, the section on content that is not accessible, for further information.
What can you do if you cannot use parts of the website?
If you need content from riksbank.se that is not accessible to you, but is exempt from the scope of application of the act as described below, you can notify us via the contact form below.
You can also contact us in the following ways:
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- call +46-(0)8-787 00 00
Report problems in the website’s accessibility
We are constantly working on improving the accessibility of the website. If you discover any problems that are not described on this page or if you consider we are not complying with the legal requirements, please contact us so that we are made aware of the problem.
The Agency for Digital Government is responsible for supervision according to the act on access to public digital services. If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with your views/comments, you can contact the Agency for Digital Government (DIGG) and inform them.
Content that is not accessible
This website is not entirely compatible with the act on access to public digital services. The parts that are not accessible are described below.
Please contact us if there is any specific content or document that you wish to get hold of and we will try to help you.
Use with blindness. Use with impaired vision.
- The form for searching for interest rates and exchange rates can be difficult to use with only keyboard access. Error messages in the form are not always correct or are missing. We are therefore working on improving the usability and accessibility of this form.
- The chosen navigation in the report Payment habits in Sweden, where content is loaded when the user scrolls downwards on the page means that there is more than one main heading (H1) on each page. This can make navigation more difficult for users with audio aids that read aloud.
- The website’s logotype is a link on all pages except the start page, where the logotype is a main heading for the website. This is a departure from the requirement to have consistent components on a website.
- Some of the infographics are lacking alternative texts, which means that users with audio aids that read aloud miss the contents of the images. We are working constantly on improving the accessibility of our infographics.
Use with blindness
- Under the section Banknotes and coins, there are films that present the security features for banknotes. These films lack an audio description.
Use with colour blindness
- Some diagrams use only colours to distinguish between different values, which can cause problems with some types of colour blindness or visual impairment. We therefore offer the possibility to download the contents of the diagram in a different format.
Use with blindness, Use with visual impairment, Use with impaired fine motor ability or strength
- Some pdf documents are not correctly created (tagged) to function with audio aids to real aloud. There can also be pdf documents in which the order of reading and tabs is incorrect. Some pdf documents may lack (or have incorrect) text alternatives to images and other graphics. We are working on improving the documents regularly and when needed.
- The video player used for Riksbank Play lacks clear marking of buttons in navigation with a keyboard.
- In some interactive diagrams it may be difficult to navigate with only a keyboard, or alternatively complex finger movements may be required.
- It may be difficult to manage the search function on the website for users who steer and navigate with the aid of voice commands.
Unreasonably burdensome adjustment
The Riksbank invokes exemption for unreasonably burdensome adjustment pursuant to Section 12 of the act on access to public digital services with regard to the content described below.
We have many documents that are not fully accessible. It would require extensive work to make old documents accessible and our aim is primarily to ensure that all new documents with effect from 23 September 2020 and onwards will be accessible.
Content not covered by the act
The content described here is not fully accessible, but is exempted according to Section 9 of the act on access to public digital services.
- Documents published prior to 23 September 2018
- Videos published prior to 23 September 2018
The above content is published on both riksbank.se and in our web archive (archive.riksbank.se)
How we tested the website
An external agents has made an independent examination of riksbank.se during September 2020.
We have also made our own assessment (internal testing) of the website.
The website was launched on 1 February 2018.