Explanation of search exchange rates
The Riksbank's website publishes the most common exchange rates reported to Nasdaq Stockholm AB by the Swedish banks. It is Nasdaq that calculates the exchange rates. The Riksbank disclaims liability for any errors or changes to the rates after publication. Most of the exchange rates are available from 1993.
Calculation of the exchange rates
Swedish banks report exchange rates to Nasdaq Stockholm AB daily between 09.15 and 09.45. The rates reported by banks are so-called mid-prices (the mean value of the buying and selling price). At 10.05, Nasdaq Stockholm AB sets a fixing rate by calculating the mean value of banks’ exchange rates having removed the highest and the lowest rate. It is these fixed rates that are available on the Riksbank's website at approximately 12:10 every bank day.
If you cannot find an exchange rate
The Riksbank publishes the most common exchange rates. If you want information about an exchange rate that is not in the Riksbank's database, you can contact your commercial bank or a bureau de change for further information, or for example check SEB Group’s website.
Nasdaq Swedish Foreign Exchange Fixing Rates is provided by Nasdaq Stockholm AB and shall not without Nasdaq Stockholm AB´s prior written consent be used:
- As reference for the issuance of a financial instrument;
- As reference for the determination of the amount payable under a financial instrument or a financial contract;
- As reference by a party to a financial contract;
- For measuring the performance of an investment fund for the purpose of tracking the return of Nasdaq Swedish Foreign Exchange Fixing Rates, of defining the asset allocation of a portfolio, or of computing the performance fees;
- For any other purpose which may qualify Nasdaq Swedish Foreign Exchange Fixing Rates as a benchmark in accordance with regulation (EU) 2016/1011 of the European Parliament and of the European Council on indices used as benchmarks in financial instruments and financial contracts.
Date of publication
The exchange rates presented on the Riksbank's website each bank day are calculated by Nasdaq Stockholm AB and are available at approximately 12.10.
Monthly exchange rate averages are available on the last banking day of each month, and annual currency rate averages are available on the last banking day of each year, approximately 12.10.
You can search for published exchange rates in the database at the following time intervals: day, week, month, quarter and year.
Search directly on:
SDR against the Swedish krona
SDR (Special Drawing Rights) are an international reserve asset created by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to supplement the existing official reserves of member countries. The value of the SDR is based on a basket of dollars, euro, renminbi, yen and sterling.