Inauguration of the BIS Innovation Hub Nordic Centre
On 16 June 2021, the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) inaugurated the BIS Innovation Hub Nordic Centre in Stockholm, in collaboration with the central banks of Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
The Nordic Centre will function as a hub for a network of innovation experts, for research on important trends in financial technology of significance for central banks and for promoting international collaboration aimed at improving the functioning of the global financial system.
Participants in the inauguration:
- Agustín Carstens, General Manager BIS
- Benoît Cœuré, Head of BIS Innovation Hub
- Åsa Lindhagen, Minister of Financial Markets
- Lars Rohde, Governor of Danmarks Nationalbank
- Gunnar Jakobsson, Deputy Governor Financial Stability, Sedlabanki Islands
- Øystein Olsen, Governor of Norges Bank
- Stefan Ingves, Governor of Sveriges Riksbank
- Cecilia Skingsley, first Deputy Governor of Sveriges Riksbank