Open forum, 3 May: How will we make payments in the future?
Since 2008, cash usage has fallen by over 40 per cent in Sweden. A number of shops and banks no longer accept cash. Who will take responsibility for ensuring we can make payments in the future, both in normal times and in crises? On 3 May, the Riksbank invites interested parties to an open forum on payments in the future.
- Nils Svartz, Deputy Director General, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency
- Bengt Nilervall, industrial policy expert, Svensk Handel (Swedish Trade Federation)
- Niklas Arvidsson, researcher, Royal Institute of Technology
- Jeanette Jäger, CEO, Bankgirot
- Jacob de Geer, CEO, iZettle
Christina Wejshammar, Head of the Payments Department at the Riksbank, will open the discussion. Helena Blomquist, journalist, will act as moderator.
Date: 3 May
Time: 08.00 – 09.00 (breakfast sandwiches will be served from 07.30)
Venue: Sveriges Riksbank, entrance via Brunkebergstorg (bring a form of identification). Please arrive in good time, considering that bags will be checked.
NB. For invited guests only. Do you have questions about the seminar or an interest in participating? Contact Rebecka Hallerby at [email protected]