The Riksbank has revised its Code of Ethics
News The Riksbank has revised its Code of Ethics following a decision by the Executive Board on 29 June 2022. The Code of Ethics aim to guide the Riksbank's employees on ethical issues and to clarify how they should act to safeguard public confidence in the Riksbank. The purpose of the revision is to increase clarity and facilitate compliance by employees. The revised Code of Ethics will enter into force on 1 November 2022.
The new regulation essentially covers the following important changes:
- A section on public access to information and secrecy has been added.
- Revision and clarification in the sections on conflicts of interest and secondary occupations
- Clearer information on who is covered by the obligation to report holdings of financial instruments and to what extent.
- Clearer regulations regarding employees' loans and own trading in financial instruments.
- Clearer trading recommendations and what these entail.
- Clearer responsibility for training.